JP Race Cars, Inc. has been manufacturing top quality race cars and components since opening its doors in 1995. President Jerome Plunkett has been involved with drag racing since 1986 and continues to build race cars with total perfection one at a time. JP Race Cars, Inc.'s most recent recognitions include:
2002 CHEVROLET CORVETTE Z06 ~ 405HP ~ Driven by Lance Knupp in the 2003 SCCA Club Racing T1 Class
- 9th Qualifying Finish at 2003 SCCA National Championship Valvoline Runoffs
- 4th Place Race Finish at 2003 SCCA National Championship Valvoline Runoffs
1972 CHEVROLET CHEVELLE displayed at 2002 50th Anniversary AutoRama in Detroit, Michigan
1963 PONTIAC TEMPEST 2 DOOR STATION WAGON displayed at 2001 49th Annual AutoRama in Detroit, Michigan
JP Race Cars, Inc. received First Place in Late Street Machine '70-'79 Custom.
- JP Race Cars, Inc. was presented a Specialty Award by Popular Hot Rodding Magazine for the Most Outstanding Streetable Street Machine of the Entire Show.
- JP Race Cars, Inc. was honored to have the Chevelle featured on the front cover of the November 2002 edition of Popular Hot Rodding Magazine as well as a four page layout featuring “A Perfect ’72 Chevelle?”
- JP Race Cars, Inc. received First Place in Late Street Machine '60-'69 Custom.
- JP Race Cars, Inc. was presented a Specialty Award for Best Competition Car of the Show.
JP Race Cars, Inc. has been building chassis and related components for Rocketsports Racing since 1998 receiving the following awards with various drivers:
Driver Paul Gentolozzi
Teammate Jeff Altenburg
- Championship in 2001 SCCA Trans-Am Series
- 1st Place in 2001 Rolex 24 at Daytona
- 2nd Place in 2000 SCCA Trans-Am Series
- Championship in 1999 SCCA Trans-Am Series
- Championship in 1998 SCCA Trans-Am Series
Teammate Johnny Miller
- 3rd Place in 2000 SCCA Trans-Am Series
- Rookie of the Year in 2000 SCCA Trans-Am Series
- 3rd Place in 2001 SCCA Trans-Am Series